Have you looked at the lists of ingredients on the containers of your soaps, moisturizers, exfoliators, shampoos, make-up removers, et cetera? Many of them contain loads of chemicals and unpronounceable agents. There are claims that some of these ingredients (such as sodium lauryl sulfate, glycerin, and artificial colorings) may be harmful to one's health. I'll let you do that research on your own. The way I see it... why not go as natural as possible? I've discovered that- when it comes to any aspect of life- simple and natural is way better. This year, my new favorite multi-functioning product is extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). Not only is it fabulous on crusty breads and fresh salads, it's also wonderful for the skin and scalp. I've actually tested & tried the following list of suggestions:
* For the best moisturizer ever, use EVOO after showering. Pat yourself dry with a towel, allowing the skin to retain some dampness. Apply EVOO all over the body. Sure, you'll smell like a salad for five minutes, but the scent dissipates. Rejoice at having the softest winter skin.
* Dab a piece of cotton or facial tissue into EVOO for a great natural make-up remover. From what I've read, it apparently conditions your lashes. It's so nice not to use chemically, drying agents on the skin... especially your beautiful, delicate eyes.
* For dandruff or dryness, massage EVOO into the scalp. Let it do its magic for 15-30 minutes before rinsing it out. Follow with this shampoo-free magical formula: beat two egg yolks with some water, massage into hair. Let it sit for five minutes as you proceed with a shower. Rinse hair very well. Follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse to condition: mix about 1/4 cup (or less for short hair) with water and pour onto hair. Rinse, rinse, rinse and enjoy your healthy mane. For real.

so don't put salt and olive oil on my hoo-ha? got it. i'm excited to try the hair omelet, it might be a great trasition solution to no poo.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Oh great...now I am hungry for a salad!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks sis.
Love you from afar.
xoxo
B
Genius! I've been using EVOO on my skin for a few years now! I love it! I have about a dozen travel size shampoo/conditioner containers with EVOO and different essential oils. I use it on my body and face. Also, I make my own body scrub too (fine sea salt, honey, ground ginger, EVOO)!
ReplyDelete