04 May 2010

Listening to the Heart

I could feel it contracting as it was closing in on itself.  The wide, open feeling of lightness was narrowing with each consecutive breath.  I actually felt the seed of anxiety rooting within me.  Physically, my spine must have moved from an elongated upright posture to a shorter, hunched position.  That’s when I finally realized what I must do.  How grateful I am to have had such an extreme physical reaction to the tone of someone’s voice.  It is not wise to allow the fear of hurting others cause us to falter.  Rather, it is wisdom’s voice that allows us to free our hearts from succumbing to those who fail to recognize the source of happiness.

When we realize we’re going in a direction that’s not maintaining the integrity of our authentic being, may we be grateful.  And when we have the drive (and sense) to keep following the true path ingrained in the heart, may we rejoice.

I often find myself advising others to do what makes them happy, to follow their dreams.  Just as often, I have allowed self-discipline to weaken.  When there is knowledge of self, truth, and the source of happiness, love, and light... the weakening of self-discipline leads one to lazily take the downhill offshoots of paths that aren’t the most appropriate.  The laziness conceals awareness, covering it up, veil by veil.   To kick that laziness is to re-open the eyes, heart, and breath.  To kick that laziness is to allow my body to, once again, be that beautiful channel of pure love and light.  To kick that laziness is to acknowledge and remember the Voice of the Heart.  Welcome home.    Thank you, Mearm the catalyst.  

The Gayatri Mantra



Om Bhur Bhuvah Swaha

Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi
Dhiyo Yonaha Pracho Dayat Om.

May we meditate on the effulgent Light (or Power) 
of the Worshipful One Who Has given birth to all worlds.
May this One direct our Mind-rays towards the path of Good.

2 comments:

  1. Love is only the very tip of what I feel for you, my sister. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the two of you.

    ReplyDelete